At least one player on the world juniors team, defenseman Cale Makar, reportedly declined an invitation to represent Canada at the Olympics.
The names on their backs will be unfamiliar to most, but the task at hand for the men on Canada's Olympic hockey team is easy to identify.
Forsberg, who also has two World Championship golds in his trophy cabinet, said the fight for podium positions would be a tough one. That's something we'll have to work on to be successful.
Hockey Canada certainly has done its part to groom players for the world's biggest stage.
Normally, qualifying for the Olympics is no walk in the park.
The list is highlighted by three key players.
Leggio, who attended St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute, played for the Sabres' minor-league teams from 2010 to 2013.
They are all first-time Olympians, but as a group have played in a combined 5,544 NHL games, led by 2011 Stanley Cup winner Chris Kelly. Headlining the list are Ben Scrivens, Rene Bourque, and Wojtek Wolski.
The blueline is less experienced, with Cody Goloubef leading the way with 129 NHL games.
That season, he spent 58 games with the Manitoba Moose in the AHL.
You have been redirected from 24 Hours.Читайте также: L'écart salarial entre Mark Wahlberg et Michelle Williams choque Hollywood
You can find the full roster including stats on the Hockey Canada website.
Training camp starts Jan. 28 in Latvia.
The Olympics will take place Feb. 9-25.
This season he's played 10 games with Belleville.
Sure, today's young stars - Connor McDavid, Auston Matthews and the bunch - weren't even born when we last saw such a format, but that's beside the point.
"We've seen our players numerous times". "He asked if I had heard anything and I said no. Everybody was given an opportunity".
What a mix. Lots of heart and guts.
Overholt called the Games a "life-changing global sports event". "We have the mindset of not accepting anything less than that". "I apologize I can't do this in French, but I could probably do it in Russian".
- With files from The Canadian Press.
North Vancouver's Stefan Elliott and Edmonton-born Gilbert Brule, who grew up in North Van, will both suit up with the Canadian crew going for gold next month. The emphasis was on skill at the forward positions, a mobile defence and some size - or The Canadian Way, as Burke put it. That's Canada's team, playing Canada's game. It turned out to be a great move.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- US House to take up resolution slamming Iran for protest crackdown
- Bedimo, sur le banc à Rennes, prêt à saisir sa chance — OM
- ONPC : les invités de Laurent Ruquier ce samedi 13 janvier 2018
- Jack Lang contre Donald Trump : c'est un "président de merde"
- Le président Al-Khelaïfi furieux des récents événements — PSG
- Une Femen torse nu s'en prend à Milos Zeman — Présidentielle tchèque
- Bird s'impose Marrakech: Formule E
- Iran Ambassador Claims 'Hard Evidence' Protests Are Directed From Abroad
- Son terrifiant récit du braquage au Ritz — Frédéric Beigbeder
- Stéphane Sessegnon sur le départ, Henri Saivet (Newcastle) en renfort — Montpellier